State of the Blog 2024 and a Gigantor Model - (2-28-24)

 It should surprise no one reading this that I am a very busy person and will likely remain so for the foreseeable future. That said, I still want to not only continue to maintain this blog but increase my output to a bi-weekly model. And like most long-term projects that I’ve detailed here, I begin with my aforementioned goal and proceed to do some planning. 

But before I jump into it, here’s a fun model kit of Tetsujin-28 (or Gigantor as he was known in the United States) that I recently put together. Old boy Tetsujin-28/Shotaro/Gigantor is a top-five favorite giant robot of mine and I consider myself someone who appreciates a good giant robot (and a whole bunch of evil ones as well). This kit is from the Moderoid series of snap-kit models from Goodsmile Company, who are known for their Nendoroid and Figma action figure lines (the latter being another personal favorite of mine).  The feel I got from this kit was that it is very similar in build and construction to one of Bandai’s the more beginner-aimed Gundam or the 30MM line, which is the right level of challenge for me (which is a fancy way of saying 'non-existent'.)

So where was I? Oh yes. What’s my master plan for not only reviving my seemingly dormant blog and actually start posting with some degree of regularity (and not to mention not having to rush any more last minute articles list this one)? Simple: start actually planning out projects and articles to write in advance. While this is much easier said than done, I thankfully remembered to think ahead for what might be the first time in the nearly three-year history of the blog and prepared at least five (or possibly six by the time I post this) projects that are already finished, photographed, and ready for a write-up.

 Starting tomorrow (since it’s probably late by now), I’m going to block out time to write several of these pre-planned articles in advance and give myself a bit of breathing room to devote towards wrapping up some of my current projects (and there are many) and stand a better chance of keeping ahead of the curve for the remainder of the year.

What manner of articles can you expect in the coming weeks and months? More of the same, really. Some one-off action figure customizations of varying degrees of complexity, a quick toy repair guide, some miniature painting, crafting experiments, and possibly a few more insights into my ongoing molding and casting journey. I do have some very involved sculpting and art toy making projects in the works that I don’t want to reveal too much on just yet lest I jinx myself and have to go back to the drawing board yet again (it certainly wouldn’t be the first time for any of them).

 

I guess we can take a brief moment to mourn the loss of my three-year streak of updating the blog at least once per month, but linger not a nanosecond longer. The name of the streak was a mouthful anyway and it’s my hope that I can one day leave that record in the dust in terms of both quantity and quality.

I don’t have much else to say beyond that, just watch this space for more projects and project updates soon and enjoy the rest of the pics from my Tetsujin-28 Moderoid build.

 

Comments

  1. He is the super space age flying robot and the protector of the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tetsujin 28 in the United States also known as Gigantor classic action adventure detective espionage science fiction mecha fantasy melodrama TV series aired from 1964-66 for two seasons in reruns to Youtube & in syndication worldwide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tetsujin28/Gigantor was part of international superheroes in popular media throughout the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shotaro Kaneda a young secret agent and hero of the future under American name as Jimmy Sparks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ignatius Blooper he is the police detective and commisioner friend and ally of Jimmy Sparks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dr. Bob Brilliant he is the mentor inventor and legal guardian of Jimmy Sparks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gigantor the popular action adventure science fiction espionage detective mecha fantasy melodrama TV show is from Japan under his alias as Tetsujin 28.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dick Strong he is the former thief & criminal turned deep penetration agent & ally of Jimmy Sparks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tetsujin 28/Gigantor set in the near future year 2000.

    ReplyDelete
  10. New Adventures of Gigantor classic action adventure detective espionage science fiction mecha fantasy melodrama TV series aired from 1993-97 in syndication is sequel to Tetsujin 28/Gigantor TV series & inspired from the novel by Mitsuteru Yokoyama became a literary fiction & comicbook series.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gigantor vs. Godzilla battle of Tokyo Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Godzilla vs. Giant Robo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gigantor vs. King Kong battle of New York City.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gigantor Monument dedicated to the famous giant flying robot created by Mitsuteru Yokoyama in Kobe City Japan.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How I Do It: Recycling Silicone Mold Rubber

How I Do It: My Molding and Resin Casting Process (2023 Edition)

Creating a Functional Action Figure Buck